// you're reading...

News

Volunteers needed for Special Olympics: Saturday June 8 @ Mt. Hood CC

An athlete crosses the finish line at the 2012 Special Olympics Regional Track Meet.

By Jeff Malmquist

Hey Reptiles! The 2013 Special Olympics Regional Track and Field meet will be Saturday June 8 @ Mt. Hood CC. We need lots of paws (do lizards have paws?) on the ground for this one. Come on out and volunteer!

For more info and a list of volunteers tasks/times, go to the Red Lizard Message Board. To sign up, just reply to the thread in the Message Board, or send me an e-mail. Questions, let me know. I guarantee you’ll enjoy this experience!

Jeff Malmquist
Red Lizards – Special Olympics
jmalmquist6974@gmail.com
Home 503 227 2544

Discussion

8 Responses to “Volunteers needed for Special Olympics: Saturday June 8 @ Mt. Hood CC”

1. Sign me up to volunteer, let me know what I can help out with

Posted by Roger Chinn | May 6, 2013, 6:26 pm
  2. Roger, Great! I have you helping out at softball throw 830AM-12N and then Escort 12N-4PM. Would that be OK with you?

Would you be willing to e-mail me at jmalmquist6974@gmail.com so I can add your e-mail address for further Special Olympics updates?

Thanks so much!

Jeff

Posted by Jeff Malmquist | May 7, 2013, 7:58 am
  3. Hi I would love to volunteer as well. Just let me know what I need to do and what time to show up.

Thanks,

Kat Weisbecker
    kweisbecker@lclark.edu
    920 390 9325

Posted by Kat Weisbecker | May 7, 2013, 6:54 pm
  4. Kat, Great! If it’s OK with you, I can really use your help at softball thrwo 830AM-12N and then Escort 12N-4PM.

More info to follow via e-mail. Thanks so much!

Jeff

Posted by Jeff Malmquist | May 7, 2013, 8:21 pm
  5. Please sign up Judy and myself.
    We’ve worked on the long/standing jumps for the last few years.

Posted by rickcurwen@yahoo.com | May 20, 2013, 5:50 pm
  6. Rick and Judy, Great! If it is OK with you, I’ll put you down for Long Jump 830AM-12N as you both have experience with this event.

More info to follow via e-mail. Thanks so much!

Posted by Jeff Malmquist | May 21, 2013, 11:28 am
  7. I could work the morning staging shift if that would help. If not, just put me where you need help and I can make that work too

Posted by Mike Homma | June 6, 2013, 2:20 pm
    • Mike, Great! I can use your help as an Escort 830AM-12N. When you get to the track, report to the Volunteer Check-In and they’ll give you a shirt and directions on where to go.

Lunch will be provided (Subway sandwiches, fruit and chips; a veggie option will be available.)

You’ll be out in the weather all the time so be sure and check the weather forecast and dress accordingly.

Thanks so much! See you Saturday!

Posted by Jeff Malmquist | June 6, 2013, 10:17 pm