By Rick Lovett
Thanks to our sponsors and donors, TRL has more than $1500 in summer series prizes, ready and waiting for distribution at the Summer Sizzler on August 19. They start with twenty $20 gift certificates from our sponsor Foot Traffic, one for each of the top ten finishers, male and female. But these aren’t the only prizes. We also have:
• Two pairs of Hoka shoes.
• A physical therapy evaluation from Jake Stout at Evolution Fitness.
• A one-hour running evaluation and pre-hab program at Bridgetown PT, with Anna Komer.
• A one-hour acupuncture session with Ian Wilkinson at Orthopedic Needle, LLC
• A one-hour private weight/strength coaching session and individualized strength program development with Jonathan Marcus.
• Two haircuts (including cleansing shampoo, conditioner, and style), male or female, from Steve Sexton’s Complete Designs Hair Salon.
• Two subscriptions to Run Long/Run Healthy, a weekly summary of the latest findings in training, sports medicine, and sports psychology, by Amby Burfoot, Boston Marathon winner and retired editor of Runner’s World.
• A $35 gift card to Dove Vici (famous for cornbread-crusted pizza and other intriguing options in NE Portland).
That’s a total of 31 prizes. More may be coming. Stays tuned.